Thursday, October 13, 2005




You know the corndogs had to be amazingly good at the Fair for Tiger to be eating them!

Actually he has been surprising me lately with his food choices. He was so picky for a long time, I worried that I would have to be giving him major supplements for his nutrition. As of a few weeks ago he has discovered peanut butter sandwiches again. And his new absolute favorite is grilled cheese. But not just any grilled cheese sandwich will do, it has to be the way daddy makes it. He puts a little butter on the bread and cooks it in an iron pan. So delicious! Tiger will get the bread and the slice of cheese and hand it to his dad. Tiger loves to help us cook. If it needs stirring, he's our man.

I noticed the other day we had 3 bottles of ketchup in the fridge. As I was pouring the other two into the one Tiger saw me and just beamed with happiness. He looked at me as if to say, "thats cool! You like what I like!" He LOVES to pour water back and forth into various containers. Then something Autism Diva said the other day popped into my head. If the kid likes water, use it to teach him other things. Tiger's positive reaction to me pouring ketchup makes me hopeful that I can teach him something and he will be interested. I know I can't crash his water play, but if I do my own, he may want in on that. Now I just have to figure out what I can teach him with water.

We went to the Texas State Fair. It was good fun but it ended up raining on us. Luckily we saw just about everything by the time it was coming down hard. Tiger wanted to run off quite a bit, but so did our other two children. Maybe next year Tiger will want to go on the giant ferris wheel with me an Alex. I don't imagine he is scared of heights. I will post more pics of our adventures soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

Awwww... God bless you guys. Did he eat ketchup on the corndog? Sounds like you all had an awesome day at that fair.

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home