Saturday, September 10, 2005

dreams

I am a prolific dreamer! I almost always remember the dreams I have each night. Here lately I have had a couple of dreams about Tiger talking. In one he said a few words. In the other he was just talking like all my other kids. I can't begin to describe how good it felt.

I want for him to talk so much. I can see how hard he tries to be understood. Last year it seemed like he was making a little progress and this year, its gone back to nothing. Every once in a while I can get him to say something. And it only seems like he is willing so say it only if he really wants to. For instance, he was ready to go home after an overnight visit to his grandparents. So when I told him to say "Bye-bye" he very willingly did so. Loud and clear too.

This year he won't even tell the bus driver bye, but last year he did it consistently! He really liked the driver and the helper last year! This year...not so much. Its disappointing, but what can I do. I don't really like the driver either, but I don't make it obvious. Maybe Tiger can pick up on clues I don't realize I am giving off. Maybe he notices there's no smiling or chatting.

I've heard from several pepople who had boys such as mine. They all said that after 12/13, they talked. they finally figured it out. That gives me hope, although not sure why. Meanwhile, I'll keep dreaming!

1 Comments:

Blogger bigwhitehat said...

I KNOW he will talk! He just has to figure out that he wants to say something. He is so determined that he will do it.

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home