Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sensory Issues

Every day he comes home with a new bruise or scrape. He hurts himself intentionally . He has a sensory problem. He needs more than normal. I thinks he's had a perpetual bruise on his head since he was walking. He likes to head butt things. He loves to smack things with his open hand. I can't even count how many times he has broken windows in our house. Last week he head butted the school bus door and cracked it! It was awful. He wasn't hurt but they had to send out a different bus, and then another one came along. It was a mess. I'm just glad he hasn't bloodied his head with this behavior.

Water! That kid would stay in the water all day if I let him. Its to the point that I can't let him in the back yard without him turning on the water. And no matter how many times I turn it off or tell him to stop, he won't. I guess something about pouring it and feeling it does something for his sensory integration. He was that way with sand too but it got to be such a huge mess!

Eventually we will buy a house with a pool. Then I will worry ALL the time about him getting in the water. He hasn't been taught how to swim yet. And maybe we will get a trampoline too. Who knows. He needs a lot of action though! Ha! I said action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home